7.05.2008

Amy & Newt

Josh didn't even expect him to come, but Newt showed up, and he was not alone. He'd brought Amy along.

"Amy!"

Josh tried his best to keep Simon's voice down in the bathroom. Immediately, Simon needed time alone.

"But she's your ex!"

"I'm sure Newt didn't even know. It was so long ago. We've changed. I feel nothing for her," Josh promised. "So could we not think about her as my ex?"

Simon was being over the top about it. "Why would he do such a thing?"

"Maybe its a prank," Josh held Simon's shoulders. "Maybe Amy just needs a friend." Josh looked into Simon's eyes. "You will be nice. She's company."

"But must I?" Simon kept his arms crossed.

Josh, just nodded. "You'll be fine." Josh put his arm around him and they went together to chat with their company.

Of course, Amy didn't look all to happy to be there, anyway.

"Pizza? Anyone?" Josh smiled still with his arm Simon.

"I'm famished." Newt smiled as he dove in to the pizza pie.

"I'm sorry," Amy wrapped her arms around her, just hugging herself. "I had no idea we were coming here."

"What's the matter?" Newt looked at all of them with cheese stringing from his mouth. "Shit." he finally swallowed the big bite. "I have a lot on my mind. Sorry." New bit his bottom lip then.

"What do you have on your mind?" Everyone asked.

"Nothing really. Its quite nothing." He raked his fingers through his dark hair.

Simon went to pour red wine then. Compliments from downstairs. There first dinner party and Simon assumed no one would have any fun at all.

No comments: