7.26.2008

what have I done to deserve this

Billy was just a stranger to Leia. It was Newt who had to settle her down.

They'd came into the Black Cat with a crying toddler. Of course, there was an old timer who told the baby to shut up right away.

"Idiot," Newt whispered back. He combed his fingers through her hair and held her close, soothing her fear as he slightly rocked her. "Now, now, better aye?" He smiled giving her comforting words as Billy dug through the bag left with the stroller.

"Only one nappy in here, " It was a disposable one at best that Billy held up.

"Maybe she's potty trained." Newt shrugged. After all, they only had a sippy cup full of juice.

"I don't even know how old she is?" Billy was freaking.

"You have to be calm, or she'll know, and it'll be hell to pay."

"What am I going to do? I can't go home with a baby. Mum might have a heart failure and Dad would lose the plot for sure." Billy shook his head, no.

"Hold on," Newt rocked Leia a bit more. She'd drifted off to sleep.

"Well, put her in this thing." Billy then said as he pulled the hood of the stroller back and formed in into a crib.

"Not, yet," Newt said with the heavy child in his arms. "Not until she's slept a good thirty minutes."

"How would you know?"

"You get to know these things in foster care, even if you don't do it first hand." Newt told him.

Billy put the palms of his hands to his eye-lids. He kept shaking his head, no.

"What will I do?" Billy needed an answer.

"Lets see if Josh and Simon are home." Newt needed them both more now than he ever thought possible.

18 comments:

Jen said...

So Billy has never really spent time with Leia, his own daughter?

ellie said...

Aww...Newt. Funny, thinking of him with a baby, but kids tend to like him, don't they?

UmassSlytherin said...

Awww! So sweet! I love it! :)

Samu said...

Well, I have less than one month to decide what makes people stronger. I still have my own opinion but I need more points of view to say it right...

Lately, I did a lot of researches but I still don't have a strong answer to this question. now I see it is more complicated than what I thought in the beginning... I hope them I can clear it... lol I’ll try. I’ll try to explain all that in a very simple and easy way to understand but it's complicated...

well, I’ll need all the help that all of you can gimme.

thanks for all... ;)

Jenny H. said...

ahhh thanks for the cute comments on my blog.
that means a lot.

keep checking back!

Ana:] said...

looving the story:] p.s. i am back from camp!! hit me upp soon<3

Samu said...

no, i did not read those ones... but, well, where can i read those philosphies? i wish to do so... :)

Samu said...

yes... lol i read some, but i prefer to use my head... that's why i said that i had already my own opinion, i just wanna know what people think about it so then i can analyse it and see if i'm right or wrong... well i think i'm right...

LOL ;)

Samu said...

lol

no... i did not see that...

but it sounds to be really good... ;) I'll search something about that... lol

as i see in the vote, by now love wins. lol ;)

RANDA said...

haha most of the pictures on my blog aren't even of me. but yes i liked that girl's hair and sunglasses (:

lol this entry reminded me of taking care of my little brother and sister. you write really well!

jules said...

I love this...do you really write all of these stories everyday? I mean, they are so perfect. :) I feel like I can see the characters moving =D very clever!

jules
www.soloden.blogspot.com
www.healthlines.blogspot.com

autumn said...

poor Billy. good thing Newt's there. but then, what's gonna happen? Amy's trying to escape from her responsibility or she's really mad with Billy. lol. i dunno.

sydneydoll said...

whats going to happen now??????

Dapper Kid said...

Newt is amazing here and Billy is so useless!

Sam said...

good thing Newt was there! thanks for the lovely comment. =]

taffy. said...

NEWT IS AWESOME!
god, it's so sad that billy doesn't spend time with leia.

Scottish Toodler said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I'm afraid I don't know what Hollyoaks is? I like the idea of fanfiction about friends, I think my whole Back in LA posts are about that. You might like the pic on this post, btw.
http://toodler.blogspot.com/2008/06/back-in-la-3-hair-god.html

Sue said...

oh thank you, you're very nice. i'm just sorry that i can't post as many things as i would like to due to my summer job which takes most of my time.
thanks for passing by my blog. :)