10.08.2008

just lovely

"So was it as bad as you thought it would be?" Laleh asked Billy at the dance later. They were holding hands but it felt awkward to the both of them. The disco lights swrilled around to the beat of pop music. Everyone had their grove on except them.

Really, it was a pleasant affair. It helped that someone had spiked the punch bowl.

"I guess its all right." Billy looked back at Lauren and Newt who were getting punch for everyone.

"Kelsy's supposed to be here with her boys." Laleh scowled. "Lauren's much better with the band, you know."

"Why did she quit?" Billy didn't know.

"She broke up with Ian because of me." Laleh sounded as if she'd found pleasure in that. Perhaps.

"Couldn't you get along with him?"

"No." Laleh slightly scowled. "He was her boyfriend. As if."

"So you think she misses it?" Billy didn't know where this convesation was going, but he could see she wanted to be with Lauren, not him which was fine with Billy who could hardly stand to keep a conversation going with her.

"Hardly." Laleh sighed looking back at Lauren. "You think I've fucked it up royally, don't you?"

"No." Billy dropped his hand away from her and stuck his hands in his pockets. "I never said that."

"Of course, I'm only thinking out loud." She hugged herself then. "Everything was normal between those two until I came into the picture."

"I highly doubt that," Billy almost smiled. "You aren't God, you know. But then I think you very much like the idea of fucking things up."

"Don't remind me," Laleh looked at him out of the corner of her eye. Just then they brought over the punch.

Hopefully, everything would get back to being lovely.

5 comments:

UmassSlytherin said...

I just adore billy even though he is whiny! he is just amazing: I love the image of him all dressed up! it is..lovely! :)

Cait said...

aw..all so much understanding from Billy. Really, hadn't counted on that happening. Especially, with Laleh.

Justkyut said...

I think something is going on with Lauren and Laleh...

I'ved missed the plot this time :p

Hey Ivy! tnx for the comment. Yep cycling is great!

autumn said...

i just love this convo between Billy and Laleh. don't ask me why. lol.

Justkyut said...

Hey Ivy! Merci for the comment. Do you have a separate story for them?