12.27.2008

clearing the air

Sasha listened to Francisca tell her everything about Rhys. She came back the next day before Sasha went to work.

"I didn't know. I thought you came back you were with-" She couldn't think of his name. "We've been friends for how long now? I didn't come here to take your boyfriend away. I didn't. I was drunk. It really wasn't that good, if that makes you feel any better." Francisca was in tears. "This was not what I set out to do. It wasn't."

"Its not your fault," Sasha was almost in tears too. "Its just as well."

"Did you even have a Christmas?"

"I don't need one. I don't feel like celebrating," Sasha's nose watered. "You didn't have one, either. You were away from your baby and your brother's sick."

"Yes, Gaspard is sick, and he wants to see you again," Francisca wouldn't stop crying. "Please, can you just come back with me for a little while. It would do him good to see you, again."

"I dunno, we kind of left on bad terms. I mean, I left him to come back here," Sasha said taking a tissue.

"It doesn't matter. He just wants to make it right before it's too late." Francisca sniffed.

"I just started this job and I'm suppose to be helping out with some friends of mine. They have this little girl." Sasha felt ill thinking about Francisca's brother, but she was right. She had too.

"Let me call, Ian." She felt a shiver then. "If I can get him to cover my shifts, I might have a job and a place to come back too."

4 comments:

Cait said...

poor Sasha..but glad she knows.

autumn said...

Francisca, Gaspard? new names? oh, i'm lost. but don't mind me. i can catch up. *grins*

autumn said...

wow. thank you so much for the update. what a holiday gift. woot. thanks a lot. really appreciate it. ^___^

Wishing you a prosperous New Year as well. =]

taffy. said...

ian or gaspard?
hmmm...