2.04.2009

at the mall

Sasha really felt out of place with Leia at the play group date. She wasn't even sure how Leia knew all these kids, but she did. Some of the nannies were so prim and proper. Sasha doubted there was a real mother in the group.

She alone looking around as if she wished she hadn't came, but ever so often Leia would wave to her who was off playing on something kid friendly with a little girl or boy, and Sasha would think..only a few more minutes.

Her cell rang. It was Gaspard's sister, Francisica.

"Aren't you at work?" Sasha asked.

"Not yet. On my way. I thought I'd give you a ring and see how you are," Francisica said.

"Fine."

"Just fine?" It sounded as if Francisica didn't get the answer she wanted.

"Of course." Sasha felt a bit numb now, thinking his sister was looking for good news. "And Gaspard?"

She started to cry then. Evidently it wasn't good.

"Why didn't you call me sooner?"

"I couldn't. I'm sorry." Francisica caught her breath then. "And-and I have something else to tell you."

"What is it?" Sasha could bearly figure out that Gaspard must no longer be among the living.

"I'm not sure you want to know."

"Of course, I want to know, you're like a sister to me." Sasha found herself almost yelling, but then remembering they were at the mall.

"Well," Francisica took her time. "I'm pregnant."

That was the last thing Sasha expected to hear. She kept staring at Leia who kept waving back. It all felt so distant now.

"Is it Rhys?" Sasha kept even lipped.

"Yes." She said.

"Frannie, are you sure?" Sasha hope she doubted it.

"I am." There was a long silence after that.

"Do you want me to come?"

"No. No everything is-"

"You'll be all alone there. You should come. Move here. I hate to see you so alone. You could be a nurse here." Sasha told her.

"Sash, I couldn't."

"But you will," Sasha told her. "You have too." Sasha hoped she could convince her.

2 comments:

taffy. said...

at least this means more francesca?

Cait said...

Sasha has a way of getting her way. This should be interesting.