2.28.2009

every little turn

"Are you all right with this?" Colin asked. Kelsy had been far too quiet about the arrangement. It was unlike her. She was quite frankly one to give anybody a piece of her mind, but not now. Not with everything happening.

"Yeah, I think so." She nodded as if she didn't want to think about what might be.

"But- you're not the marrying kind, I've seen you in action before, you could go through 3 blokes in a night, maybe 6, for all I know." Colin wished he hadn't brought it up, but this really was a lot to sort. Taking a chance like this just because of one little matter.

"I know, but seriously, those days are over." She winced. Although, she looked a bit green as she was watching him prepare dinner on the stove. It was just a hash-brown with leftovers.

"I suppose. I just need a change, but I'll do the best I can. I have no where else to go." Plain and simple. "Its just the Black Cat. Me, managing such an establishment?"

"Well, can you?" She looked at him as if he'd really bitten off more than he could chew.

"Of course," he shrugged. "I just don't know if I want to broadcast it, you know."

"No one has to know." She shook her head.

"Right, sort of like the marriage too, huh?" He remembered something from earlier. That bloke who'd been in to see Kelsy. "So Kel, will you tell me one thing?"

"Just one thing?" She smiled.

"Why aren't you with the father of your baby?" He gave the skillet meal a turn or so with the spatula then.

"Because." She shrugged. "He has a boyfriend."

"You do so surprise me," Colin chuckled then. "Honestly, you do."

5 comments:

ellie said...

aw..more questions. & Colin should ask.

dapper kid said...

Wow, she hasn't really given it all that much thought has she?

taffy. said...

would she... want to be with simon?

Cait said...

Oh Kelsy..use that head of yours.

cady x said...

Haha . . . it's almost like she's just saying stuff to get him off her back.