2.27.2009

How will it be

Simon was waiting for Billy and Newt when they got home with Leia. Naturally, Leia plopped right into his lap first thing to give him a sticky kiss too.

Simon just grimaced.

"Be kind to Si, will you, luv, he's had a horrible day," Billy told her out stretching his arms to take her back.

"He just needs a good lov'n ,if you ask me." Leia just nodded as if she'd soon be with Simon since he needed her company.

"Its all right." Simon still frowned even if Leia had both of her tiny arms around his neck. "I'm at my wits end, as it is." Simon let out a sigh.

"It wasn't your fault about Josh's back being out of wack," Newt shrugged. He then went to put on the kettle.

"Anything else on your mind, mate?" Billy looked at him as if he could talk freely about it.

"Its Kelsy. I saw her at the hospital." Simon winced. "I-I wish she'd just tell me. Why does she have to hide it from me?"

"Hide what?"

"She's pregnant. I just know it." Simon shook his head. "And that's not all. She's got that Colin hanging around now. Its disgusting!"

"So that's who she had with her up at her old Aunts' roost. What do you think that was about?" Billy mentioned.

"It can't be anything good." Simon could hardly stand it. He was about to burst into tears while Leia stroked his hair behind his ear.

"It'll be OK." She kept telling him.

"See," Simon gritted. "If I were normal I wouldn't be having to go through any of this. I would- I would have-"

"What are you saying?" Billy then winced.

"Don't say that, Simon!" Newt bounced in too. "You're normal. What the- are you getting at?" Newt scowled. "If you were straight, chances are Kelsy wouldn't have a thing to do with you. She's confused and a blithering idiot half the time. She can't decide what she wants."

"Newt!" Billy pointed to Leia. He then picked her up and took her to her room while Newt stayed with Simon.

"Look, maybe she thinks this is best. She knows you would never have a real relationship with her. Maybe she doesn't want to be a burden to you." Newt sighed.

"But she's having my baby!" Simon scowled, and there was no tune to any happiness in his voice.
"You don't know that for sure."

"But it is," Simon pushed his palms into his eyes. "I just know it."

4 comments:

ellie said...

I feel bad for Simon.

taffy. said...

i'm still in shock from simon's comment...

cady x said...

Wow.
Leia is so cute.

Cait said...

I loved his line..she's having my baby..and there was not tune in his voice. Oh..boy.