2.23.2009

perfect timing

The next thing Kelsy knew when she opened her eyes was Colin standing over her.

"What are you doing here?" She scowled not sure what to make of his presence.

"Well, you need me, now don't you?" He looked her about. "You need me."

"I don't. I'm just fine." She lifted herself up on her elbows, but she was weak. "God, I just want some food. What's taking so long."

"When?" He looked around wondering if he should say anything more. "Do we know when you're due?"

"I think I forgot," she didn't even know if she was making sense.

"That's just lovely," he sighed. "Well, those witches of yours will want to know. We have to tell them something."

She was ready to crawl in a hole now and not come out for a very long time. Her chest felt frozen suddenly. She was about to cry even if she didn't want to.

"I really didn't want anyone to- find out just yet," she frowned.

"It'll be fine, we'll work this out. We will," Colin took her hand then.

Finally, a nurse brought her soup and a sandwich.

4 comments:

Kira Fashion said...

Fantastic!

ellie said...

Colin to the rescue..is this good or bad?

cady x said...

Maybe she does need him.

Cait said...

Hmmmm,this could be interesting.