2.02.2009

that'll do

Josh was sure of it. He was getting old. Why in the world had they gone out on a night when there would be work the next day.

"Stop me next time, will you?" Josh told Simon the morning after. "Not when work is involved." He could barely get his self to think if there was really anything clean to wear.

Naturally, Simon had all his shirts folded neatly in his dresser.

"Are you trying to say, you need something to wear?" Simon was already up. Showered and ready to go.

"I was hoping you might want to come back to bed for a few."

"Oh, right, just dandy." Simon gave him a sigh looking at his watch. "Just thirty to go, you know. "I'll find something for you, just get a shower in, will you?"

Josh nodded slowly, "Why didn't you wake me sooner?" He moved slowly though. And to think he was once a morning person.

"Because you look sweetly," Simon smirked. "Even your little snore was cute."

"I do not snore."

"Whatever," Simon said. "Just remember, the next bloke might not take all that buzzing you do. It could be the death of you, so stick with me. Yeah?"

Josh shook his head. He didn't need to listen to this. He moved quickly then, and when he got back Simon had his brown slacks out and a nice v-neck brown sweater to go with a light pink shirt underneath.

"That's disgusting."

"Just shut it and get dressed."

He did.

Josh was certain it was awful. But as soon as he got to work everyone smiled and said he looked great. He guessed that would do, after all.

4 comments:

ellie said...

This was good. I like Simon's lines.

taffy. said...

Hahaha, oh, Josh.
Simon is so secure, I love it.

dkdc said...

Simon would be that way about everything all so prestine, too.

blue hearts said...

I'm glad they stayed together.