3.04.2009

that gut feeling

Simon couldn't help it. He'd walked around for sometime, and then he knew exactly where he was going. To Kelsy's.

He banged on the door of her flat. No answer. Typical. He waited and listened for some sound. Someone was in there. He knew. He knew she was there. He banged on her door, again. Screaming her name like a sad song no one would want to sing. Again. And again. Until he was sick of screaming her name. Perhaps he was even coming down with something. He'd never felt quite so miserable in his life.

Finally, she appeared, tying her robe.

"Simon?" She looked puzzled, perhaps some shame of some sort, but it was easy to see just what she was up too.

"Aw, yes, I should have expected it." Simon pushed his way in. Her bedroom door was at least closed. Simon imagined Colin was still there. Perhaps she'd knocked him out with some concoction. Or was that just her maneuvering?

"You really are a piece work, now aren't you?" Simon gave her a bitter smile. "Does it please you? To come all this far and make quite a disaster of so many lives."

"What does it matter to you?" She festered up a scowl then.

"I know very well the lies you told me," Simon grimaced. "You couldn't tell me about the baby."

"I-I thought it best that- look, you nothing to worry about. Everything is taken care of. It is. And you don't even need to care." She looked so innocent, and it made him all the more moody as he watched her there in her little place.

"But I want to care. I do. I really can't help myself. Its my baby, too." He felt quite miserable. His parched throat could barely get out the words. "How could you do this? How could you?"

"Everything, happened so quickly, you know. I didn't want you thinking I was just a train wreck ready to happen." Kelsy shook her head.

"But you are," Simon nodded. "Its already happened. Can't you see? Mix'n with the likes of that wanker! You're gonna marry him, now? What happened to you?" Simon was ready to crumble.

"It won't be as bad as you think." She watched him drop down on the couch with his palms over his eyes. "You have to have a little faith in me, Simon. I know that's hard for you. I won't shut you out. I won't."

Simon wanted to believe her, but he didn't see how.

5 comments:

dk;dc said...

I really loved some of these lines..& Simon's reactions. Kelsy's as well.

dapper kid said...

Woah how powerful, Simon cares for her still even if he doesn't really seem to show it well.

blue hearts said...

Maybe Kelsy really cares about Simon too. In her own special warped way.

ellie said...

I'm on Simon's side. It must be strange for him. It must be a love/hate relationship. Well, mostly hate. Kelsy has a way of doing that.

cady x said...

He banged on her door, again. Screaming her name like a sad song no one would want to sing. Again. And again. Until he was sick of screaming her name. Perhaps he was even coming down with something. He'd never felt quite so miserable in his life.


I'm in love with that paragraph.