4.14.2009

at home

Billy could see Newt was in a state of shock, or perhaps he hadn't slept the last few days. But it was all here in their room. Liam's space in the corner. Perhaps a tad cramped, but do-able.

"We'll be just fine." Billy gave Newt a pat on the back. "If anyone can do it, you can."

"Right." But Newt didn't sound so certain. "What if they come and take him away from me?" Newt just stood there looking at Liam who was already napping all bundled up with his baby blue cap on.

"Why would they do such a thing. It is your baby." Billy put his arm around Newt while they watched him sleep.

"Its still so hard to believe," Newt shook his head. "And Ames, I take it she never wants to see me again."

"What's so bad about that, really?" Billy winced with a smile.

"Everything," Newt said. "That's what it is." He nursed his bottom lip then. "Its like he has it no better than me. Don't you get it?"

"Liam has you." Billy told him. "You're not your mother nor your father. You are not them. And besides you have me, don't you? And Leia too and lets not forget Simon nor Josh."

"I know, and you all mean the world to me, but, but what if-" He started to cry real tears then.

Billy hugged him tight then. He spread his fingers around Newt's face and looked into his eyes. "You know each day will get better and won't think of this one at all. You'll see. It will get better." Billy then said, and he kissed him so that he knew they were in this together.

2 comments:

ellie said...

I love them together.

cait said...

Aww..that was sweet.