4.02.2009

here and now

Newt did everything he could to talk some sense into Amy.

"Just let me stay with you until the baby is born," he at least had her coming around. Not thinking he and Billy were attached at the hip. "I'll be with you as long as you like. And I would find a way for us to be together. No matter what."

As it was, he wasn't sold on this family that Amy was staying with. Of course, they wanted the baby. They had everything else under the sun. And now a new plaything. Their baby on the way.

"So what if they've given you shelter and everything you'd want. They still want the baby. It'll be theirs and you can't come back to even see it, Ames." Newt tried his best to muster up any feelings she might still have for it. She couldn't hate it completely, could she?

"I hadn't thought of that." She shrugged.

"Why should you when you've got your own lap top, designer clothes. I suppose you have a whole new raft of friends too." He nodded. "Perhaps they should just adopt you."

"I do like to go shopping with the misses. I bet they'd buy you anything you want, Newt." Amy liked having all these things. He could see it in her face.

"There's nothing I want, except for you and the baby to come back with me. We could all be a right cozy at your parents place, couldn't we? Simon and Josh, Billy and Leia. It would be normal." He promised.

"Normal for you. You have Billy. I will have no one." That's what it had came down too.

"Don't say that. We'll be family. And you can go back to school. We will help each other out and we do love you. We do." Newt tried to explain.

"That's not the kind of love I want." She reared her head back that this was the sort of love she wanted. Materialistic love. The best kind, according to her.

"And what if you don't find it in the states?"

"I'm going to California. I could be in films, you know." She looked at him out of the corner of her eye.

"Well, of course, you could." Newt sighed. "But after all said and done, would it make you happy? Truly happy, Ames? Just think of what you've lived through, already? You were in a coma for so long and now, this. This is your answer?"

She'd decided without him. Newt felt so close to the inevitable. He didn't know what to do.

4 comments:

ellie said...

Newt..you gotta do something..you gotta!

Cait said...

He's gotta think of something.

taffy. said...

amy still reminds me of a small child.

just a moment said...

Amy is just a mess.