4.20.2009

prodding on

The school was giving Newt a few more weeks with Liam and then he could get back to his classes. Newt tried not to think about it. Really, he felt as if he'd lost all contact with anyone as of late. Hadn't a clue what was up with Lauren. Billy was perhaps his only life line and Simon had helped with Liam when he could, and Josh had made lots of helpful arrangements with child care and the like. He might just get back on his feet yet, but at the moment, he held Liam possibly far more than he should have, but he didn't care. A baby needed to be held and he loved it.

Of course, as soon as Frankie made her arrival, just about everything came unglued. She was loud, but then she'd spent the last few months on stage so he supposed it was expected.

"Come on, I have to hold this little babe," Frankie cooed about as if she was the baby's grandmother indeed. "I can't believe it. I really can't, you know."

"It'll be all right, Frankie...um, Mum. It will."

"Who's been lying to you, lad? You've dug yourself a hole here to lie in. Who'll look after him while you try to make a liv'n?" She looked at Newt a bit mad.

"I have a plan." He hated that she had such little faith in him. "Josh and Simon are helping, as well as Billy. Even Leia sings to him, sometimes."

"That clearly won't be enough, now will it?" She scowled and yet she admired Liam's tiny features that were all perfect.

"I have you, don't I?" Newt thought that should send her running.

"I'm on stage, you know?" Had he forgotten.

"Precisely." Newt nodded. "Look, there's the schools' daycare. I can make it. I will hold my own. You'll see."

"I know, I know you will. And Amy is one less thing for you to worry about now. You will not worry of her, will you?"

"A little, but maybe she just needs time." Newt had to give her that.

"Don't ever let her back into your lives. Promise me, you won't." Frankie told him.

"I'll do what I can, all right?" He wanted Liam back. He would hate for any of her evil nature to grow on Liam somehow.

3 comments:

dapper kid said...

Hmm, wish Frankie was a bit more supportive. She always seems to feel the need to dominate.

ellie said...

Oh..she can be scary.

Cait said...

I wonder if Frankie is back for good. Maybe Newt & Liam will send her running back to the theater..hehhee..