6.19.2009

one way or another

Ian looked at Maxie, not sure what to do. Was he mad? Well, someone was mad, Ian was beginning to think.

"Shit," Ian whispered yet, he was back to kissing Maxie. "Just stay here, will you. I have to see what Alfie wants. I'll get him to go then you-you go."

"You're not shagging him, are you?" Maxie whispered.

"God, no." Ian winced. "How could you think such a thing?"

"Sorry," Maxie whispered, but Ian had to assure him with a kiss. Ian got up then to get dressed. He heard the kettle then, shut his bedroom door behind him.

"You made tea," Ian said the first thing when he got to the kitchen.

"Did I wake you?"

"I wasn't really asleep. Just needed some time to think." Ian quaintly smiled.

"You sure you're not coming down with something?" Alfie looked at him.

"Really, I'm quite well." Ian stood wide eyed wishing he had a better story for Alfie. "Is everything all right."

"Its Amy," Alfie nodded. "Don't know what to do, you know."

"Yeah, that would be difficult."

"Look, if you think it would be best, I could find me a room maybe at the Oaks." Alfie then said.

"Really, you can stay as long as you like," Ian said, yet he wondered if he and Maxie could keep it under wraps if he could keep coming over when he liked.

"If I could only get this thing settled with Newt." Alfie shrugged as he put milk in their tea.

"Well, then that's what you should be doing. Getting this settled with Newt." He'd have to talk him in to it. Quick too. He knew Maxie couldn't stay in his room forever.

5 comments:

cait said...

bad boys..whatcha gonna do when they come look'n for you. sorry, couldn't help myself.

e.l. said...

hopefully alfie will get things settled with Newt.

Cait said...

I wonder how long Maxie will be there?

em said...

Hmmmmm, I wonder what is going to happen with Newt and Alfie.

elliestories said...

Yes, send Alfie to Newt's now.