6.14.2009

the thick of it

Alfie had gotten Amy back down to the bus station.

"I dunno why you won't come back with me?" She was being as sweet as ever, but Alfie didn't buy it.

"I have some things to take care of." He kissed her like he meant it except he wasn't sure he did, anymore.

"See you soon, won't I?" She would barely let him go. He couldn't wait soon enough to get away from her. He went back to Ian's straight away.

"I dunno what to do." Alfie told Ian. "I may have found my brother, but I may have opened up a can of worms, just as much."

"It can't be that bad." Ian gave him the rest of the beans and franks he'd cooked up.

"See, it was all an accident." Alfie started in about his tale with Amy, meeting her at a party, seeing her a little while ago.

"Well, that Ames is a piece of work. She's never forgiven Newt for choosing Billy over her." Ian told him. "Good thing he took the baby. Better him than Amy, any day."

"And Leia, she's Amy's too?"

"Yeah, she and Billy's. No one knew who he was for the longest time. Then Newt thought he'd help her find him. Its just things turned out different."

"Quite." Alfie nodded. "I want to see my brother, again. I want us to be a family. I'm just not sure Newt's up for something like that."

"Probably not. He's an orphant. That's all he knows. The Deans took him in, but of course, he raised Mrs. Dean more than she raised him." Ian couldn't help but grin about it.

"You don't think he'd hate me, do you?" Alfie winced.

"Hard to tell. Best wash your hands of Ames, though," Ian nodded.

"Yeah, she's a liar," Alfie shook his head. "I can't go for that." He ate up the leftovers then. Alfie supposed he'd be staying, again.

6 comments:

e.l. said...

He's got a lot to think over.

dapper kid said...

Hmm, not so sure Alfie should really be hanging out with Amy, it might make things rather difficult for him. I really do hope he gets to have a close bond with his brother :)

past the point of love said...

Alfie will figure it out. I think.

sid and violet said...

Alfie better watch it with Amy. though..I really like Alfie and Amy as names together, you know.

Cait said...

He really is in a bit of a sticky situation.

em said...

I don't think Alfie should trust Amy, and I will definetly continue