7.02.2009

it would be like that

Kelsy really hadn't expected Simon to come knocking.

"You know I'm leaving, don't you?" He brought her a basket of goodies as if he wanted to keep things right between them.

She took a look in the basket and saw he had fresh breads and jam, cherries and strawberries too. He'd out done himself at the market.

"You're only going to Paris." She winced as if she could have cared less.

"But still, I just wanted to see you before I left." He said. "I wanted a picture of us."

"Why, so you could compare how huge I'll be when you get back?" She stuck her tongue out at him.

"No, of course not." He scowled a bit. "You know, I care about you and the baby."

"All right." She huffed as she turned to motion her cousin Gemma to come in from the kitchen. "I have company, you know."

"Oh." Simon stared at Gemma who looked as if she were bored out of her mind.

"This is my cousin, Gemma." Kelsy told him. She took Simon's camera phone out of his hand and handed it to Gemma. "Come on, lets get this picture." She pressed Simon's hand on her stomach.

Gemma remained indifferent and clicked the photo.

"Will that do?" she showed them a photo of a stunned Simon with a prissy mouthed Kelsy.

"Oh, take another," Kelsy scowled. "I hated that one." She posed again.

"Kel, it'll look the same. You take up the whole picture." Gemma scowled.

"Thanks a lot, Gemma!" Kelsy bickered.

"Anything wrong?" Simon looked as if he were here for the rescue.

"Hell, yes, I can't poop properly." Kelsy informed him. "My feet puff up constantly, and I can't eat a thing after the sun goes down or I'm thick with heartburn."

"Sorry."

"Simon, what do you know?" Kelsy had that sixth sense about something in the air. Simon was keeping something from her.

"Nothing." He shook his head.

"I want to know what it is." She glared at him.

"Josh and I are getting married." He said rather quickly.

"No." She shook her head. "Its something else. What is it?"

Simon was getting nervous now.

"I have to go." He burst out. "I-I love you." He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Of course, you do, luv." She squinted hard then. But he got out before she could badger him anymore.

7 comments:

Cait said...

Nobody quite like Kelsy. That was funny. Poor Simon.

e.l. said...

Kelsy is a riot. She never holds back. Simon is just too good. It was a fun one.

past the point said...

I think Gemma will fit in perfectly.

em said...

I hope Gemma is in it more.

em said...

Haha I can't wait. Gemma really is a great character.

ellie said...

I'm looking forward to more gemma scenes too.

simon n josh said...

all righty then. =O