7.24.2009

the long way home

Josh thought he got this right. He didn't know what to make of it.

"Are you sure your father lives in Hollyoaks?" Josh asked Sebastian one more time on their ride home from the airport.

"Yes," Sebastian seemed excited about seeing him. "I want to surprise him."

"I have a feeling you'll be surprising him." Josh didn't doubt that. "Just who are we surprising?"

"James Dean." He nodded.

"Jimmy Dean?" Josh was thinking of a song. "Do you mean, Jamie Dean?" He grinned then. "I work with him at the library."

"Really?"

Josh just couldn't think of Jamie having a son. He looked at Simon then who was sitting next to him in the cab. "Did you know about this?"

"No." Simon looked as shocked as he did.

"You think we should warn him?" Josh wondered.

"Should we?" Simon smiled as if maybe he needed a surprise. "All right, I'll call him."

"I think you should."

"I'm just going to tell him we have a surprise for him." Simon couldn't stop smiling as he direct dialed Maxie.

"When's the last time you saw him?" Josh then asked Sebastian.

"I don't think I remember." Sebastian shrugged.

"Why is that?" Josh wondered.

"I never really asked. My brother would never say. I have a picture." He got out his wallet.

Josh looked at the photo. Yeap, that was Jamie. A very young Jamie at that.

"Its just a visit, right?" Simon looked at the photo too.

"No, I plan on living with my father. I want to get to know him." Sebastian looked serious about the matter.

"Well, then. It won't be long til you meet him." Josh just smiled. He'd hate to crush Sebastian's hopes.

Sasha back home with the baby

5 comments:

e.l. said...

well..thats very interesting..about Sebastian.

dapper kid said...

Turning up at random to surprise him, and he now wants to live with him?! Somehow I think Jimmy may not take it all in his stride.

dapper kid said...

Jamie even lol.

blue hearts said...

hahaha...well, that will be a surprise.

cait said...

cool new header!