7.10.2009

not everyone can have fun


"Well, fancy meeting you here," Newt said to Anita who looked as if she'd just vomited at the Black Cat. "Do you want a juice or a lift home?"


"Neither." She was mellow and so sad.


"Are you looking for someone?" Newt was cleaning tables then.


"I'm waiting for someone." Anita hugged herself.


"Really?" Newt wasn't sure he wanted to know who. "Did you enjoy the show?"


"What do you mean? You didn't go?" She looked at him as if he'd been bad.


"No, Billy needed the help up here." Newt looked over to Billy behind the bar then counting tabs and so on.


"It was all right." Anita fumed ever so slightly.


"Is it Lauren? Has she been ignoring you, again?" Newt winced as he wiped off a table.


"No. We're fine. I'm taking over for her while she's gone at the library." She pressed her lips tight then.


"Great," Newt then smiled. "I was afraid I'd be all on my own there. Jamie is really good, but he likes his mornings alone, you know."


"I see."


"You should be happy?" Newt shrugged.


Anita just nodded.


There was giggling then. Anita and Newt looked up. There was Theresa with her arm looped around Archie. Newt looked back at Anita. He could tell she didn't like it. Not one little bit.

7 comments:

e.l. said...

I feel sad for anita

em said...

I agree with Ellie, Anita doesn't need that.

sid and violet said...

I'm not sure Theresa can be trusted. She would be very hard to be friends with.

Meg said...

I hope something happens to cheer Anita up.

past the point said...

Anita shouldn't have to put up with Theresa.

past the point said...

Anita shouldn't have to put up with Theresa.

blue hearts said...

I think anita should leave Theresa alone..or play hard to get.