8.06.2009

could she be right

To Kelsy's surprise, Gemma called her. Kelsy thought that would never happen.

"Are you all right?" Kelsy just knew it would be bad news. "What have you done?"

"Nothing, really." But Gemma's tone made Kelsy believe she was a bit of a liar.

"Good." Kelsy tried to stay calm. "Sorry, if I thought something would be wrong. You like it. You know, all those shows. I never been on anything like it. So many bands around. Must be brilliant."

"Its OK." Gemma told her.

"Well then, what could it be? An infection of some sort. Do you need cash?" Kelsy couldn't think of it being anything else. "Have you met a bloke?"

There was a silence.

"Oh dear, is he that bad? Some goth punk emo brat?" Kelsy shook her head hoping she didn't bring the prat home. If there was a wanker in the crowd, Gemma could find him.

"No. No." Gemma sounded worried just the same.

"Are you coming down with something?" Kelsy laid on the couch then on her side, thinking of all the things she could be worrying about. Baby on top of baby as it was. Viruses about. She saw no one lately. She was worried about herself and the babies. Although, everyone kept reminding her there was only one to worry about.

"I'm sorry I called." Gemma sounded upset.

"No, really. Its quite all right. I love hearing from you. Maybe you could coax Ian in to letting you sing. Wouldn't that be lovely?" Kelsy smiled.

"I suppose, but it won't happen. Never." Gemma was in a huff. "He's found himself a boyfriend."

"Are you shit'n me?" Kelsy got up then. "Ian?"

"He's in love." This sounded to be the horror of it all. Kelsy could sense what Gemma's trouble really was. Gemma didn't know what love could be.

Sebastian at Kelsy & Colin's

6 comments:

ellie said...

I think Kelsy is trying to reach out to her which is good.

dapper kid said...

Is it weird that I feel kind of sorry for Gemma? Anyways, glad Kelsy was there for her.

prettyneons said...

Wow what a post, I can't believe you pen this stuff-brilliant!(:

PeAce & BoWs...
prettyneons x

taffy. said...

aww, poor gemma.

em said...

I feel bad for Gemma:(

Cait said...

I'm glad Kelsy and her are talking. They need that. Just Gemma needs to open up more.