9.19.2009

in a fit

Gemma should have known that her cousin Kelsy would take over the little dinner party they were having. As usually, it was me, me, me. Or so Gemma thought. She was not amused with her.

"Oh, come on, she's just having fun," Monty informed her.

Of course, Kelsy could care less about their space upstairs. They had their own suite. A bathroom included with a walk in closet. This was really big for Gemma and Kelsy acted as if it were nothing.

"I dunno why she can't be happy for me," Gemma swelled up with a frown. She was not in the mood to be caressed or cuddled. None of Monty's silliness would help.

"Why can't you have a laugh?" Monty was concerned.

"Hahahahaa..is that good enough for you?" Gemma was not in the mood to even talk. She went to her room expecting Monty to follow, but he didn't. Even after the party he didn't even come to bed.

She woke up in the middle of the night wondering where he could be. She went down stairs to see if he was having a snack. But she found him on the couch in his clothes asleep.

"What are you doing?" She didn't think they'd had a fight. Had they?

"I suppose you see me as some sort of clown, don't you?" Now he wasn't in the mood.

"No." She faked a smile.

"You don't think I'm serious, do you?" Monty hugged himself. She plopped down next to him.

"You can be silly. You are, but when it comes to music you're right on the mark. You're very serious, indeed." She told him. "Its just, I wish you would, you know, be cool."

"Cool?" Monty winced. "I've never been cool in my life."

"But you could be. You really could. I just know it." She told him.

"I don't want to be."

"Every now in then you could be, couldn't you? Not all the time. Not constantly. Just, you know, for a show. Perhaps." She suggested.

"A show? What on earth far? I want to be comfortable." He looked at her.

"I know. I understand. I don't know what I mean, anymore." She shrugged.

"Why not?"

"You confused me," Gemma sighed. "I didn't think I could fall in love and I have. And you were certainly not ideal. But now that I have you, well, I want to make the best of it. I do. Just some old habits are so hard to change. Like with my cousin. Its like we compete. For what? I don't know. But we do. And I just want you to be better than her Colin."

"But I like Colin." He told her.

"I know." She nodded. She put her arm around him and kissed his cheek. "Now come to bed before you catch a cold."

"I seriously doubt I'll catch a cold." He sneezed then. Gemma smiled. Really, she knew she had to be more considerate. More than just her feelings mattered now.

1 comment:

e.l. said...

I'm glad they made up.