9.08.2009

on the outs

"What are you going to do if Simon moves out?" Billy asked when Josh came into the Black Cat for a drink after work. "Have you really thought this through?"

"We need some time apart." Josh sighed as he waited for his lager at the bar.

"I can't believe this is coming from you. You're like a rock. You both are for each other." Billy scowled. He'd always looked to them for guidance. They were his best mates. Both of them. He didn't want to dare take sides.

"Perhaps I need to move on." Josh bit his bottom lip.

"Move on?" Billy squinted. "Are you serious, mate?"

"I dunno if I can do this with Simon. It'll be so different once the baby's here." Josh shrugged.

"What? That's what this is all about?" Billy sighed watching Josh sip his drink as he wiped down the bar.

"Yeah, I think it is. It just suddenly got to me, you know." Josh winced. "How different Simon and I really are. We want different things."

"I don't believe you. Its not that way. You've always been there for each other." Billy told him.

"Until now, and he's got a little one-"

"Say it ain't so," Billy shook his head. "You're gonna let a little thing like a baby put this much friction on a relationship, are ya?"

"Don't make it sound so pathetic." Josh gritted.

"He needs you, Josh." Billy meant it too.

Josh swelled a frown and tried to make the best of it with his drink. It was true though, Simon was moving out.

4 comments:

em said...

Oh I hope this isn't the end of Simon and Josh.

e.l. said...

Its so sad.

cass and cady said...

I hope it won't ruin them. I like them together.

cait said...

oh no, really? Simon leaving?