9.12.2009

well then

"He's really gone." Josh suddenly felt a chill when he heard the thunder outside. It was raining so. It made him sad. Simon was gone for good.

"Aren't you going to do something about it?" Newt asked. He was on his way to the library to work.

"How can I?" Josh looked at him a bit worried.

"If you love him, you'll find a way to get him back." Newt seemed so certain.

"But-" Josh felt so lost. He knew he'd said some things to Simon that were unsettling. Perhaps he was the child in all of this, and he'd expected Simon to take him every which way he could be. Did he love Simon?

"Look, is there anyway, possible, you'd want to move back to your old place and let Alfie and Amy move in here." Newt told him.

"What?" That sounded crazy.

"You'd be close to Simon, just in case, you know."

Josh hadn't thought of that. It might be possible. Maybe.

"You'd like that?"

"Amy is frightened of Ste. She doesn't want to live in the same building. She remembers even if he doesn't. What a tyrant he was." Newt explained.

"I see." Josh nodded. He understood now the reasoning. "All right, for Amy, I'll do it. Doesn't mean Simon and I have a chance in hell reconciling, you know."

"I know, but it could happen." Newt smiled. Josh could see it was just wishful thinking now.

4 comments:

em said...

Well I hope it does happen.

cass and cady said...

Newt is so hopeful.

fan fic said...

I hope they aren't over.

e.l. said...

I so hate to see it end.