10.06.2009

Benji


Simon really wasn't sure just who this Benji fellow would be.


"Well, how can we trust him?" Simon asked Maxie as they rode out of town down the coast to where this bloke had directed them.


"I'm not sure we can. Faith I guess." Maxie didn't want to talk about it. "Can't we just focus on Katy?"


"It could very well be a trap." Simon reminded him.


"What if its not?" They went into the bar that Benji had noted. It was one of the older establishments up from the board walk.


"I just hope this doesn't mean a trip to an island of some kind," Simon wasn't sure about this.


But this Benji certainly knew Maxie when he stepped into the bar.


"Finally, and you brought a mate with you too." He introduced himself and shook both of their hands.


"Well, where is she?" Maxie wanted to know.


"A little under the weather, actually," Benji said. "She's OK. Just rest, you know."


"Fine, but I want to see her. Now." Maxie winced.


"Of course. I am her cousin, you know, and well, she found me." Benji shrugged as if it had been on Katy's agenda since she'd been here.


"But she left so irruptly." Maxie shook his head. "I don't get it."


"Thieves." Benji nodded.


"Well, is she all right?"


"Just a little unnerving, you know. I think she's really just fine. Honestly, she doesn't want to talk about it. At least not to me." Benji shrugged.


"I want to see." Maxie pressed. No time for drinks. Simon looked at Maxie wondering if this so called cousin of hers was a fraud.


"All right then." He pointed upstairs. "I'll show you the way."

2 comments:

the oaks said...

I'm wondering how Benji will work into all of this too...

Cait said...

well..I do wonder if he can be trusted.