11.24.2009

on the rocks

"What do you mean, you're not coming back?" Fletch couldn't believe it. Lauren was breaking up with him over the phone. He hated it yet found something comforting about it too.

"Are you all right?" He was worried about her safety.

"Yes, why wouldn't I be?" She sounded indifferent.

"Because, you said-"

"I want to go to the uni, here." She told him.

"Just now, so suddenly? Are you sure?" He winced. "No one has a gun to your head, like Laleh."

"I haven't even found her, all right?" She sounded a tad upset.

"You should come home." He begged.

"No, this is something I have to do on my own." She told him.

"But what about the band, aye?" Wasn't she in it for the long haul?

"I don't care." She hung up on him then.

He squinted hard. She didn't seem to care about anything anymore.

2 comments:

ellie said...

poor fletch.

a jacob black tale said...

How could she???