12.03.2009

never say never

"Jesus! Billy! What has come over you!" Newt was at his wits end with Billy on their walk home. "You can't, possibly be jealous of him, can you?"

"Kind of." He flinched ever so slightly.

"But why!" Newt winced. "He says he's not even gay. What is your problem with him?"

"I'm losing it." Billy looked as if he might fall to pieces. "Truly, I am. Might as well be a nutter, you know."

"What brought this on?" Newt stopped him right there. He put his arm around him. "I love you, babe, you've got to tell me what's going on?"

"I dunno what do with myself. I truly don't. I see you making something of yourself, and I'm nothing. I'm truth shit." Billy gulped back teas.

"Aw, don't say crap like that, will you? You are very talented. And you know it."

"In what?" He squinted.

"Tunes."

"That's not enough." He frowned so then. Newt gave him a hug. "I was suppose to be an accountant by now. Crunching number. Cooperate. The works." He looked at Newt.

"I'm proud of you. You know it, too. And I'm happy you aren't stuck doing something that dear old dad ordered you to do. Now, don't you look back on that, all right. Who knows, you might could sale a CD right there in the Black Cat. I think I'll suggest it to Cecil or even Colin. See what they think. Make, a right nice Christmas present."

"Its too late for that." Billy sucked in a breath.

"No, it isn't. Its never too late. Never." Newt looked at him sweetly and wiped the tear from his cheek. He kissed him then as if they'd first met, and he couldn't get enough of him.

2 comments:

gossip girl gone vamps said...

Newt is such a sweet heart!

Cait said...

I love the way newt loves billy.