12.28.2009

side tracked

"Don't tell me you're worried about Rupert?" Josh looked at Ste thinking he never knew Ste could be quite that caring. Well, he'd been taking care of Josh, lately which shocked him some too. It was nice that he wanted to make sure they had dinner together, every night.

"No, no, I'm sure he can take care of himself." Ste nodded. He'd mentioned how Rupert had been seen leaving the Black Cat with someone. "Its just the other bloke I don't trust so much."

"Really? Why is that?" Josh winced as he went to make them an early morning brew of tea.

"I saw him with some bloke a few weeks ago. He's a bit impulse in the loo." Ste sighed.

"You saw, something?"

"Not really. Its you know, he looks to be the persuasive sort when he wants to be." Ste explained.

"So you think he might put our Rupert in a compromising position, aye?" Josh looked at him as if perhaps they should step in a do something.

"I dunno. If Rupert says he's not gay, what problem could there be?" Ste went to heat some toast for them.

"Right." Josh nodded. "I just wouldn't want him, you know, hurt."

"I know. I feel the same way. But then again, that's a discovery he has to make on his own." Ste told him.

"So what are you thinking..maybe, he's not being on the up and up with us?" Josh got their brew ready.

"I don't think it has a thing to do with us, he might be the one who hasn't a clue....what he really wants."

They sat down then and began breakfast.

"Maybe I can relate," Josh smiled. "Yeah, I guess we all want that certain something everyone tells you that you want, and then you wake up and figure out, its not there." Josh bit his bottom lip, suddenly he thought of Simon and instantly he was overcome with sadness.

3 comments:

ellie said...

I love that they care about Rupert.

cait said...

Josh is sentimental.

mazzie may said...

I really like Rupert & Soren too.