12.06.2009

something like it

"You know, its so different for me now." Ste was telling Rupert about his accident. "I don't know exactly who I used to be. Not sure I even want to know that person, truthfully, he was pretty fucked up."

They were eating chips down in the thrifty side of town.

"Well, this Josh seems to be pretty grand, aye?" Rupert just smiled.

"What about you? Have you lost the love of your life recently, or anything?" Ste drank at a juice then since Rupert didn't drink.

"No." Rupert laughed. "Never been in love, actually."

"You? Never been in love?" Ste could hardly believe it. "But you look like such a...heart-breaker."

"Never even been on a date." Rupert's eyes were smoldering. Ste could barely stand to watch him without feeling some sort of need of wanting him. But really, he knew he was off limits. And he had Josh.

"You must be kidding!" Ste couldn't help but smile.

"No, I just don't have time. I guess." Rupert shrugged.

"But plenty come on to you, I bet." Ste nodded. "How do you handle it?"

"Not, noticing, I suppose." Rupert gave him an open grin.

"Well, here's to love." Ste clinked his bottle against Rupert's. "You know, the lads you were talking to back at the Black Cat, they had themselves a civil union. I'm hoping I'll have the same, one day with Josh."

"You sure, you're ready for such a big step?" Rupert winced.

"Yeah, I think I am. Always wanted a family of me own." Ste slyly smiled. He couldn't think of a better one than with Josh. "Just have to prove to him I'm worth it."

4 comments:

fan fic said...

I loved this one. Ste needs more friends.

e.l. said...

I like Rupert.

Cait said...

Ste has changed for the better.

elliestories said...

I'm liking Rupert so much!