1.03.2010

Soren & Rupert










Rupert was so sure what Ste wanted to hear from him.

"I just wanted to know how it went with, you know, that bloke," Ste said so curiously as he bought him a drink at the Black Cat.

"Why do you want to know?" Rupert looked up at him a tad bitterly.

"Well, I just hope it was good New Year's for you, that's all." Ste shrugged.

"It was fine, and you?" Rupert just glared as he looked at the lager. He would have preferred a white wine, but they had to be men here, now didn't they.

"Couldn't be better," Ste gave him an impish grin. "You know, how it is with me and Josh."

"No, I don't." Rupert wanted to remain innocent.

"Right, of course not." Ste drank at his glass then. "I'm just surprised, that all, you know, you and this-"

"He has a name, its Soren." Rupert said matter of fact.

"Well, Soren, I just thought you would have found you a bird, since, you know." Ste shrugged.

"I know." Rupert didn't know why he hadn't thought of that before. "Look, it was really nothing." He shook his head.

"I don't believe you?" Ste chuckled. "He's haute."

"Tell me about it." Rupert smiled all over then. "I didn't know. Honest to god, I didn't know I had it in me, until I saw him, you know."

"And now you do." Ste gave him a long look. "Did he treat you right?"

"I guess." Rupert winced. "Look, not like it actually happened. We kissed." He sighed then. "A lot."

"Sweet." Ste smiled. "Just as it should be. Get to know each other first."

"Is that the way it was with you and..and Josh?" Rupert asked so innocently.

"Fuck no." Ste laughed then. "I wanted him. I did. And well, he'd broken it off with this long-time lover of his. It was just nothing new. I guess. I wish I could have taken it slow. But I'm just not made that way." Ste confessed.

Rupert thought of Soren then. He wondered how much he was like Ste. Maybe Soren was just wasting time with him. Was that what this was? Were they taking it too slow?

7 comments:

ellie said...

interesting. ste's not so bad as a friend.

cass and cady said...

cool, ste isn't being a bully.

mazzie may said...

that was kind of funny what Ste said about Josh.

elliestories said...

I'm pretty sure Soren is nothing like Ste.

past the point said...

I like these 2.

UrsulaJStancil said...

Hello~happy new year............................................................

Cait said...

I do like them so.