2.15.2010

mind over matter

"You're being such a brother now to Gemma," Soren couldn't keep his smile in as he watched Rupert worry about her.

"No. No, I don't feel that way at all." He sounded as if were a promise.

"Aw, come on, you miss her. You're worried. Worried about her with this, this Lyle character." Soren watched Rupert fold clothes with such precision. Soren was sure he must have done it professionally somewhere. He really knew how to keep a  house in order even if it were mostly Soren's things mingling with his in the laundry.

"I don't even know him. I've never met him. I dunno." He was in a tizzy as he did things to keep himself occupied.

"You love your sis, you know you do. Its all right for you to feel this way." Soren gave him a pat on the back.

"I just don't know her, you know, I want- I want to know her, but what if she could care less, to even consider who I am." Rupert bit a small frown. He was getting teary eyed.

"Aye," Soren said pulling him back to him by his belt loops. "I don't want to hear talk like that. She adores you."

Rupert shook his head, no. "She wanted- wanted someone straight. I know she did."

"Come on, has she made a scene about you and me, in anyway?" Soren touched Rupert's sad face then. He just looked up at Soren. "I think not."

"I heard what she said, the way she said. ' I think you'd like this Lyle fellow, he's gay'." He sucked in a breath.

"Well, then, its me she doesn't like, now isn't it? Not you. She thinks you can do better, that's all." Soren said so calmly.

"She just doesn't know you." Rupert winced.

"Even then, she probably thinks you could do better. Right?" Soren glared.

"I don't care what she might think. Really." Rupert told him.

"Exactly." Soren smiled. He touched  Rupert's nose with his index finger. They kissed then. Soren knew exactly how to side track Rupert. Soon the clothes were on the floor and they were taking refuge in bed as if everything would be all right, soon enough, in each others arms.

2 comments:

Cait said...

its not easy being green..or having siblings for that matter.

ellie said...

at least Soren knows how take Ruperts troubles away.