9.04.2010

never a miss

"What? You're not really going?" Soren asked the next morning as Rupert was packing his backpack for a small trip to see his sister at seaside.

"Yes, I have to, but..but you don't have to go." Rupert assured him. He'd take the train. Nothing to it. "I know you have things to do."

"But.." Soren couldn't help but be sad. "I want to be there for you. I have too."

"We can make a holiday of it." Rupert was serious. This was obviously serious about Gemma.

"Well, I can't just let you go. Alone. I want to be with you." Soren was certain he had to be there. "I promise, I won't keep you from your sis. I'll only be there for you."

"Shit." Rupert looked up at Soren. "All right. I guess so."

Soren hadn't meant for him to fret. He got his stuff in a nap sack and made a few calls. He would have felt so naked not to be with Rupert. It was like he was his better half. They were good together. And he seriously wanted to be there for his partner. What ever may come, they would be there for each other. He just hoped this sister of Rupert's didn't make him ill.

"She's such a homophobe." Soren couldn't help but say on their train ride.

"You seriously have to be sweet to her in her condition. You will won't you?" Rupert winced.

"OK, of course, I will." Soren slightly scowled. "She won't ever get used to us."

"She might." Rupert looked at Soren then. He took his hand. He didn't want to make a fuss. He'd came all this way to be with him. And now he had to mind his P's and Q's. It really could be dreadful, playing his part. But he was sure it was worth it to be with Rupert.

6 comments:

ellie said...

I'm glad Soren is there for Rupert.

lucy and sarah said...

I so like them together.

cass and cady said...

I'm glad Soren is going.

mazzy said...

I hope she's OK.

izzy and dev said...

They are good for one another.

ori said...

This'll be good that they are together.